I have honestly never thought of celebrating an important milestone in my life in Japan, and during spring, among all other seasons. But it turned out to be a blessing in disguise!
Got to travel with the most important people in my life last week of April, which coincidentally is the week of the cherry blossoms’ full bloom and my quarter-year birthday.
We got to see places in Tokyo – from Shibuya, Harajuku, Asakusa, Ikebukuro, and Yoyogi. With a short time, we found out how efficient Japan’s transportation network is, and how it can be tiring to change trains for two to three times a ride. With thirteen persons with me, it was quite challenging to lead the way especially when everyone had their own wishes and agenda. It was, nevertheless, a fulfilling role, but never will I do it again! Took the energies away from me.
These are some of the images that I have, gathered from my actual photoblog for our Japan trip.
This was, indeed, a fulfilling trip for everyone! I am very much looking forward to my next ventures in Japan. Still in my so-called Japan bucket list are:
- go to Kyoto and Osaka, first and foremost!
- have a cloud-free visit to Mt. Fuji
- see a Geisha
- visit Tokyo’s Piss Alley
- indulge on Kobe’s prime steaks
- get around Hokkaido on a winter (and possibly have myself chilled to the maximum level)
- enjoy Tokyo’s Happiest Place on Earth – aka Tokyo Disneyland/Disneysea
- experience Shinjuku and have more street food!
- take a good top-view photo of Shibuya Crossing
- have a sight and possibly feel Nara’s deers
- …and much more!
My family and I didn’t actually get to experience Mt. Fuji due to weather constraints so we had to cancel our morning plans; we got to go to a somehow empty Imperial Palace Gardens, instead.
Still can’t explain my thoughts on Tokyo, really, since I feel like I need more time to indulge myself in the city. But! There’s always a reason to go back! In the meantime, go see my photoblog here, yo: https://franceslim.exposure.co/tokyo-2017.
Spread the love,